Thursday 13 June 2013

Girl with a Pearl Earring - Appropriation



For a lighting assessment the class had to find a famous painting or photograph and recreate it with your own little twist.
I decided to appropriate "A Girl with a Pearl Earring". The painting represents youth and beauty, but youth doesn't last forever, and just because you're getting older, that doesn't mean you're not beautiful.
The Girl with a Pearl Earring is no longer a girl, but a Lady with a Pearl Earring.
My beautiful model was my grandmother. I had so much fun photographing her and this photo turned out AMAZING.

The lighting technique I used to create this was chiaroscuro and I used a single soft-box.
Camera was Nikon D70 with a 35mm 1.8G Lens.

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Sarah,
    I am grade 10 student in Switzerland, and for my visual art comparative study I chose to write and research about your artwork. I have some questions so I will appreciate if you could give me your email, or just answer them.
    Thank you in advance,
    Milica

    ReplyDelete